This is Blaze, a giant dragon plush commissioned by
- He is 39" long from nose to tail.
- The horns, eyes, and claws were sculpted from various materials and the head is solid foam.
- The head is too heavy to stand up on it's own, so he rests it on his paws.
- The scales/spikes/spines on the back and neck are made from the same fleece as most of the body.
- Wings have an endoskeleton made from various gauges of wire, allowing them to be folded up or extended (this should not be done often, and handled gently, as the wire will ware down and possibly compromise seams).
- He's held together with hot glue stitches for all seams except the ones that give shape/lines to the paws.
Though it may not be perfect, I am proud of this challenging project's outcome.
Character copyright blazeignitus